My name is J. Melanie Slaughter, and through my law firm, J. Melanie Slaughter, P.A., in Ocala, Florida, I devote my time and resources to helping individuals and families with their most important and serious legal challenges. Serving all of Marion County and the surrounding areas, my law firm provides high-quality, dependable representation in both criminal defense and family law to help those who are facing legal issues involving any of the following:
• All types of criminal charges, including DUI/DWI, drug charges, domestic violence charges, probation violations and more, as well as assisting with appeals and post-conviction relief
• Divorce, child custody and support, property division, alimony, domestic violence allegations, and post-judgment modifications and enforcements
Certified as a criminal defense trial attorney by The Florida Bar, I have over 20 years of experience advocating on behalf of my clients' rights in both state and federal courts. Having once served as a criminal prosecutor, I understand how the criminal justice system works from both sides, and I use this insight to devise the most effective defense strategies possible for those who seek my counsel.
For my clients who are going through divorce or have some other domestic relations issue they need to address, I will work hard to achieve your goals either through litigation or mediation while striving to protect your best interests as well as those of your family.
For more information about how my law firm, J. Melanie Slaughter, P.A., can help you during your time of need, you can contact my office to schedule a free initial consultation.
Areas Of Practice
- Family Law
- Property Division
- Post-divorce Modifications
- Criminal Law
- Drug Charges
- Florida, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- Doctor of Jurisprudence/Juris Doctor - 1991
- Stetson University, Florida